HEALING & GROWTH
Psychological Support Service's (PSS) for the Transgender Gender Questioning and Gender Diverse Community.
Healing & Growth Psychological group
Groups will be commencing on Saturday the 4th of February 2017 so book your place now
Psychological Support Service's are provided as part of the CESPHN Mental Health Flexible funding pool. This initiative is funded by the Commonwealth of Australia, Department of Health (DOH)
The PSS service provided by the Gender Centre are short term face to face psychological group support service providing, in a 12 month period up to 8 group sessions and a final follow up session one on one with one of the counsellors facilatating the groups,
This service is seen to be benificial for clients who may benefit from short term treatment, and are unable to access other available psychological services,all sessions will be run on Saturday mornings
All sessions are facilitated by professional counsellors: Anthony Carlino ( Sydney Transgender & Diversity Counselling Service), Candy Jacques and Nicola Williams ( The Gender Centre Inc.), and are FREE with a referral from your GP.
There will be 3 groups running throughout the year they are:
- Group 1 Trans Youth 15 to 25
- Group 2 Trans Men
- Group3 Trans Women
Eligibility of clients for referral to the Psychological Support Services provided by the Gender Centre?
- Young people (12-25 years)
- People who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- People who have attempted, or who are at risk of suicide, or self-harm
- Other underserviced groups, including:
- Adults who are unable to access other available services, including Better Access
- Adults who are, or are at risk of becoming homeless
- crisis service
- drug and alcohol service
- sexual assault service
- domestic violence service
- couples or family counselling service
- homelessness support service
Interested in attending the groups
- You must contact your GP for a referral
- Contact the centre on 9569-2366 or 9519-7599 for a brief interview with the counsellor to assess suitability and to book your place.
Healing & Growth Outline
The groups runs for 2 hours over a number of weeks within a twelve month period and will have a maximum of 10 group members. Acceptance into the group is conditional upon a referral from your GP and a brief interview with staff to assess suitability.
It is anticipated that each group member will take 1 hour for this process, allowing for two each week given the groups 2 hour timeframe.
- Telephone: (02) 9519 7599